Monday, August 22, 2011

Triplets

Our garden is in its late season: overgrown, starting to die, but still bearing a lot of fruit stage. I'm sure not everyone's garden begins to look like a jungle at this point, but ours always does. We have tomatoes, sweet 100s, zucchini, and green peppers. I just found out you're supposed to cut back your tomato plants to help them grow better?? It's really amazing that anything grows under my care. I plant, water (sometimes), and the just sit back until it dies.

We always make a Chicken-Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese when we have a surplus of cherry tomatoes and right now we have tons! We add kalmata olives and it's the perfect summer dinner. This morning I had the pleasure of taking a big batch over to a young couple with a new baby. I got to snuggle with her for a bit and it reminded me of my newest nieces and nephew. She's about a month old and they're almost 4, but they're about the same size!

So I'm thinking about them, Timothy, Elizabeth, and Mary, and wanted to share a few pics I snapped on our late July trip to Texas.


Mary was still in the hospital while we were there. While it was sad not seeing them altogether, it was nice to have one on one time with Mary. She is tinie tiny and has such piercing eyes.











If you didn't know Timothy and Elizabeth, you would think they were about a week old- sleepy, big cheeked cute newborns.













I cannot BELIEVE I have to wait until Christmas to snuggle with all these little ones again!

No comments:

Post a Comment