Friday, December 24, 2010

Food Gifts

We are having tons of fun on our family Christmas vacation extravaganza: Java Jacks, naps, cooking with family, meeting new babies, the best handmade doll bed ever. There's a lot to say, that probably won't see the pages of this blog because we're too busy making memories (did I mention photo shoot with the coolest photography sister yet?) and relaxing. 

I am hopping on long enough to post the fourth and final installment in the gift guide aka cool things I've bookmarked online series. This is dedicated to all things edible. Enjoy!


Andies Specialty Sweets Edible Gingerbread Gift Tags
These would be adorable as place settings for a Christmas dessert party or brunch. The red and white striped twine and straw add the perfect touch.





Whimsy and Spice Marshmallow Sampler
Pick three. My choices? Cardamom, espresso and rose vanilla. Or maybe the maple. Or the chocolate. Whimsy and Spice has loads of yummy food and awesome photography as well.



 


Single Serving Pie in a Jar from Our Best Bites 
I usually pass out cookies at Christmas, but pie is much more my style and these are too cute! These would make great gifts with fabric covered lids and labels.

 




  Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: Red Velvet Brownies
Everything posted on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen is fantastic. I've had these saved for a while, and they look so Christmasy.




  Sprinkle Bakes: Coffee and Donut Cake
Are there even words??? If you ever needed a good excuse to have cake for breakfast, you need look no further.




 Martha Stewart Gingerbread Town Square Cake
I used to LOVE making elaborate cakes. Now it means getting a babysitter or baking till 2am. This is the first cake I was really tempted by after Eden was born. It's still haunting me.





Williams-Sonoma Crepe Mix
We had crepes for Christmas Eve morning brunch this year. It was my dad's idea and it turned out great! This mix made it super simple and yummy. My favorite combo was spinach, sauteed  baby bella mushrooms, swiss cheese and sausage. 




This would be so yummy on Christmas morning.





I was searching for a hot chocolate mix that came close to the hot chocolate we had in Italy. It was basically a semisweet chocolate bar melted and whipped with heavy cream and topped with a bit of cinnamon. I failed,  but I did find this and I think I'm going to have to make a stop at Williams-Sonoma within 24 hours of returning to NorthShore Chicago.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment