Friday, June 17, 2011

Cupcake Tasting Part II

As mentioned in the last post, I threw a Chicago Cupcake Tasting for my 29th birthday. After collecting cupcakes from 8 Chicago bakeries I invited a group of gals (I think about a dozen came) to sample them and vote for their favorite bakery.

Here's the spread:





Sprinkles: Strawberry, Cinnamon Sugar, Chocolate Marshmallow (hiding in the background), Vanilla, Dark Chocolate with Sprinkles
Crumbs: Grasshopper



Crumbs: Cosmo, Baba Booey, Green Tea, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Raspberry Swirl, Cappucino





More Cupcakes: Margarita, Vanilla Raspberry, Amaretto Coconut, Chocolate Champagne, White Russian













Cupcakes: Breakfast Cupcake, Salted Caramel, Death by Chocolate, S'mores








Molly's Cupcakes: Lemon Meringue, The Ron Bennington, Cookie Monster, Blueberry Cheesecake






Phoebe's Cupcakes: Sangria, Peanut Butter Fudge






Bleeding Heart Bakery: Veruca Salt, Lemon Lavendaer, Oaxacan Hot Chocolate, Blueberry Basil, Strawberry Shortcake

Swirlz: Mango Passionfruit, Vanilla, Twixie, Red Velvet


Sugar Bliss: Chocolate Peppermint, Strawberry Dream, Chocolate Caramel

















We cut each cupcake in fourths. Everyone was given a note card and asked to jot down their favorite three bakeries.











It was the first opportunity I'd had to have my two worlds collide- Trinity and Life (School) on The Vine (Church), at least in my home. It was nice that some already knew each other :). Lots of fun was had.


In the end, we decorated a shiny plaque for the winner: Phoebe's Cupcakes!

It was fun, and I think I might do it next year when I turn 29 again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh those all look fabulous!! What an awesome idea for a birthday party. :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete